Thursday, 21 January 2016

YANKEE CANDLE OUT OF AFRICA TART SET


I think it's pretty safe to say that most women will have gotten some form of candle for Christmas, right? I was definitely no exception as I received a few this Christmas and I am so glad for it... I think I have a candle for every mood now! Rob bought me the Yankee Candle Out of Africa 12 Melts Tube and the Gold Wave burner and I am completely in love with them.

I have to admit, a lot of the scents in the Out of Africa set aren't ones I would have given a chance normally. I'm quite narrow minded when it comes to buying candles and generally only ever buy scents I know I like (Clean Cotton and Cinnamon Sticks being the main two) or ones that smell similar. Spicy and 'clean' scents tend to be my favourite and I have always shied away from floral as I find there is a very fine line between a beautiful, light floral scent and making the house smell like your Nana!

This set has definitely pushed me out of my comfort zone and I'm glad it has! After having a sniff at all of the scents in the set, and trying a few, I've realised I like a wider range of scents than I realised. It means there's a bit more variety in the scents in the house rather than it being the same 24/7. 

The set includes the following tarts:
Fireside Treats
Midnight Jasmine
Egyptian Musk
Mango Peach Salsa
Serengeti Sunset
Madagascan Orchid
Pink Dragon Fruit
Pink Sands
Lemon Lavender
Wild Fig
Kilimanjaro Stars
Turquoise Sky

As you can see, the set covers a wide range and there's at least one or two scents to suit everyone. The scents range from light and floral to more heady and musky. My personal favourite so far is the Madagascan Orchid which is quite a rich scent but the perfect balance between floral and spicy and while its rich, it's not overpowering. I'm definitely interested in trying a few of the more well known (to me, anyway) scents and see if they live up to their reputations.

Have you tried any of the Out of Africa scents?

Thanks for reading,

Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment