Thursday, 11 February 2016

AVON PORE PENETRATING BLACK MINERAL CLEANSER REVIEW


AVON is a brand a lot of people overlook; it gets shrugged off any time I mention it and a lot of people still have this misconception of it being a dated brand but that's definitely not the case. They definitely have upped their game in recent years and are making products to rival mainstream brands.

There are a few different AVON products that I love using both in my skincare and makeup products. Today, I'm going to talk to you about AVON Pore Penetrating Black Mineral Cleanser (currently £2.75, normally £4.50) which is a great product. I personally would recommend this more for those with combination/oily skin types as the cleanser contains oil absorbing powders for oil control; I do feel it's a little drying on the more combination areas of my skin but you can always ask your local representative if they have any samples available for you to try.

I personally only apply this on the oily areas of my face (t-zone and chin) and leave my cheeks (I use a different cleanser before this which I apply to my entire face) the main reason for this is that this contains black walnut shell powder which gently exfoliates your skin. I would say this would be a good cleanser/exfoliater if you have sensitive skin (of course, always try it out on a small area first!) as it's very gentle despite it having the shells. Exfoliation is the secondary function of this cleanser so it's not too intense or abrasive. I apply this to dry skin and really take some time to massage into the skin in small circles before removing with a damp face or muslin cloth. 

This cleanser leaves my skin feeling clean, soft and like it's better able to breathe - I put all of this down to the exfoliating side of it - and I can see a visible difference on the pores on my nose, too. Definitely a bargain for the price (plus it's often on 'sale' too)!

No comments:

Post a Comment