Tuesday, 9 February 2016

TUMMY TUESDAY - THE FINAL COUNTDOWN PREGNANCY UPDATE


It's the final countdown for me now. When this goes live, it will be 3 weeks exactly to my due date. I honestly never thought I would get to this point; it always seemed like something that would happen in the very distant future. It's really hit me that I'm going to be a Mum in a few weeks. I am going to be a Mum and be responsible for a teeny tiny baby! It really does blow my mind.

How far along? I will be 37 weeks tomorrow. I honestly can't believe how close my due date is now - it's terrifying!

Total weight gain: I'm now 73.1KG so have finally put some more weight on! I'm not sure what the total weight gain is to be honest.

Maternity clothes? I don't know what I'd do without my maternity clothes - I wouldn't be able to leave the house.

Stretch marks? Still nothing. I can't help but feel a bit smug every time I get to this question and answer 'no'. Bet that feeling bites me in the bum soon!

Sleep: I'm sleeping a lot. Like, a lot a lot. I could easily have my full nights sleep and within a few hours of waking up I feel exhausted again and have a 3 hour nap! Not sure how normal that is but I feel so much better for it.

Best moment this week: On Monday (1st Feb) my sister in law took me out for a dinner date and brought me back home to a surprise baby shower! It was great having everyone round and (I hate to say it) I really had no idea - Rob even had my convinced he was working an extra shift that night!

Miss anything? As strange as this probably sounds, I miss having my body to myself. Don't get me wrong - I love being pregnant but I have shared my body with someone who's kicking me from the inside from the last 9 months and it will be nice for it to just be me again.

Food cravings: I haven't had cravings for a particular food but my sweet tooth has appeared again out of no where.

Anything making you queasy or sick? Haven't been as sick these last few weeks, thankfully! I have been dying from heartburn though... and I'm not sure which I prefer!

Gender: Girl!

Labour signs: I've been having lots of period like pains and cramps over the last few weeks and lots of pressure so, while I don't think I'm in labour quite yet I definitely think this is my bodys way of preparing for whats to come.

Symptoms: Sleepiness, headaches, heartburn, cramps, pressure - not to put you off pregnancy or anything!

Belly button in or out? It depends on how Squidge is lying but generally it's an outtie!

Wedding rings on or off: On :)

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy - after the baby shower and sorting out all of Squidge's close and doing last minute organisation in her nursery, I just am beyond excited for her to be here.

Looking forward to: To Squidge finally being here! I'm very impatient now and I'm counting down the days to my due date and I've got my fingers and toes crossed that I don't go overdue.

If you're interested, you can read the rest of my pregnancy series.

No comments:

Post a Comment